Friday, January 21, 2011

Yoga - Union with our Divine Self

Welcome to my latest Blog.
I wanted to talk about something quite close to my heart...this is yoga. Actually Kundalini Yoga to be exact.
I have been practicing  Kundalini yoga since the 80's and teaching it now for 3 years. What a privaledge it is to practice and teach this yoga...It is truly a Soul yoga. It connects you back to your Divine Soul.
We tend to think of yoga as something only certain people can do. That you have to have rubber legs to get in some of the postures.
What I have love about Kundalini Yoga is that it feeds my body, mind and soul. It combines the breath, chanting, postures, meditation and relaxation all together. It was brought to the West in the 60's by Yogi Bhajan. It helps you get in touch with your Truth. We have a mantra we say which is SAT NAM. It means Truth is my identity. With every breath in we silently chant SAT and with every exhale we silently chant NAM. This helps our mind to focus on our truth.
It is a nice meditation to practice to calm the mind and being.
Try it for your self.
Close your eyes and focus on your third eye point (your intuitive center and pituitary gland) and take some deep full breaths, breathing into your belly, then move the breath up to your diaphram and then up to your collarbone. With the inhale silently chant Sat and then breath out fully silently chanting Nam. Try this for 3-5 minutes to start and build the time up. This is a simple but powerful meditation.  When we focus on our third eye we get in touch with our intuition as well as strenghtening our pituitary gland or master gland.

Please share with me your experience....I look forward to hearing from you
Please ask any questions you may have....

I will share more with you next time. For info on Kundalini yoga check out my website: http://www.laurielevine.com/ and http://www.3ho.com/

"May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you and the pure light within you, guide your way on" Yogi Bhajan
Sat Nam
Many blessings, Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment