Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Guided Visualization for letting go of the past

Hi
This is my second blog entry.
My intention and vision for my blog page is to share with you the many
tools and techniques for healing on every level that I have been teaching from my book, Spiritual Medicine.
I see this as an opportunity for me to share with you and for you to ASK me any questions you may have.
As a spiritual healer I believe that the answers are within us and not outside of us. The more we learn to turn within and build a relationship from the inside out the easier it is to build that inner connection and in turn have better health and wellbeing.
This guided meditation or visualization will help you to release any negative thoughts and emotions that no longer serve you. It gives you a place to put that negative self talk, fear and burdens from the past that we still carry around with us.
First step. Make sure you are comfortable and wont be interupted. You can put this on a tape or cd as well to listen to it.
Begin to breathe fully and deeply and close your eyes
Take your self in my mind and imagination to a beautiful place in nature that you love; like the beach or mountains. Visualize your self there. See the beauty all around you. Feel the sun on your skin, smell the smells of nature, hear the sounds....
Feel your feet grounded in mother earth, feel that you are fully supported and loved
Visualize a fire, like a camp fire or bonfire. This is a fire of purification and transmutes energy.

Give yourself permission to put into the fire any fears, doubts, burdens, worries that you want to let go of
Imagine you are releasing this energy from the whole of you - body, mind, emotional body and spirit.
Do it in whatever way is powerful for you. You can consciously say "I now release ____________and free myself.
Keep letting go of whatever you are ready to release and then stop and notice how you feel. You will feel lighter, as if a heavy burden has been lifted. Sometimes we need to let go of other people's energy that we are carrying.
Take a moment and think about what good things you want to bring into your life and breathe them in....

Let me know how you found this exercise and any questions you may have
Peace and blessings, Laurie

1 comment:

  1. To be able to move forward each moment of the day it is vital to let go of the past. Change is constant in the Universe and this is a wonderful way to stay in the natural flow allowing the healthy growth of your soul energy. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete