Saturday, May 7, 2011

life situations as metaphors for something greater....

Hi Again
It is always interesting to look at things that happen in our life each day as a metaphor.
Today my husband and I took our motor boat out on the lake we live on. It was such a beautiful day. The water was still; just like glass. The sky was so clear and blue. The birds we diving into the water to get fish and it felt so good to be alive.
All was going smoothly until the motor just stopped. We thought maybe it got some seaweed in it. Low and behold it had stopped because it was out of fuel.
There we were in the middle of this large lake not moving. We radioed for help and after about 20 minutes we were towed back to where we started.
I started to think about the metaphor for this experience and what came to mind was how we push ourselves and to do not pay attention to when we are out of GAS/PETROL. All of a sudden we find ourselves stopped and having to be still and BE instead of always doing. We are forced to go within....
I know that was so when I found out I had cancer. I had been pushing myself for years and did not listen to the signs my body was giving me and then all of a sudden I had to STOP!!!!

Take the time to listen, go within, fill your cup up before you run out of petrol
The messages are always there. All we have to do is to pay more attention to them and to ourselves.

All we had to do today to avoid running out of petrol in our boat was to check that there was enough in the tank...
How simple is that!!!!

Till the next time
Peace and blessings, Laurie
http://www.laurielevine.com/
to listen to my talks on facebook go to positive living spiritual centre

No comments:

Post a Comment