Friday, September 30, 2011

Ritual

Hi
I wanted to share about the importance of ritual in our lives. I have always loved rituals and making them up for myself and others. I believe when we create rituals they add more meaning and purpose to our life and to whatever we are doing. In our society today we have lost our sense of importance through our busy lives and the lack of ritual. For the indigenous people, and for many cultures; rituals are a very important part of every day life.
I became a celebrant because I love creating spiritual ceremonies and rituals that are aligned with peoples hearts and souls.
My dear friend Lisa has asked me to plan some rituals for her upcoming 40th birthday. I know what is important to her so it becomes easy to allow the ceremony and ritual to unfold and be created. I will share what I have come up with for her after her birthday...stay tuned.
You can also practice creating a ritual for your self or a loved one. Think about what is important to you. Maybe you love nature and spending time there and that feeds your body and soul. You can do your ritual out in nature and bless all the flowers, trees, plants, the earth, sky etc. and ask what message nature has for you and spend time listening and sending your energy to the earth. What blessings do you want to give back to nature?
Having candles in your home and lighting them daily before you meditate or eat a meal and feel the blessing there for you. Ask you light the candle ask for whatever you want illuminated in your life to show up. Send a blessing and prayer out to you or anyone in need of healing.
I have always enjoyed doing house blessings clearing energy rituals for people and there living and work spaces. This also clears old energy and allows new opportunities and creativity to unfold in a divine way.
I would love to hear some of the rituals you love to partake in and ideas you may have for creating rituals in your life.
Peace and blessings, Laurie
http://www.laurielevine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment