Saturday, February 5, 2011

living with pain - living through pain

Namaste and Divine Blessings to you,
I wanted to go to a deeper more personal level with this blog. I have always felt that as a Spiritual Healer & Teacher it is important and my duty to share personal things as to beable to relate to the journey we are all on....We are all connected and can all help each other grow and know we are not alone by sharing our experiences and ourpain....
Things happen to all of us and it is how we deal with those things that makes all the difference.
Everything that happens is an opportunity to grow and learn more about ourselves.

Pain is an interesting topic. We all have experienced pain in one sort or another. It might be physical pain, or mental pain, emotional pain or even spiritual pain. For some reason there seems to be shame around sometimes expressing our pain.
As a healer and intuitive I always felt that pain was our bodys way of communicating with us by getting our attention and letting us know something is out of balance and needs our attention.
I have had vaginal pain for most of my adult life and mixed with that has been shame around it. I am sure it is a mixture of my muscles tightening or what the Medical community call vaganismus along with emotional blockages from past sexual trauma. I know for many of us there is shame or embarrassment around discussing sexual matters. I believe  that as we do we begin to free ourselves from those old patterns. The truth for me is that having intercourse has mostly been a painful experience and much worse since I have been going through menopause. It is freeing to talk about it now as I see this as an opportunity to heal at such a deeper level and to be more patient and loving with myself. 
I would like to hear from others experiencing similar situations. This is a subject that is not so easy to speak about but is happening to many women. We might be able to help support eachother with sharing our experiences and things that have helped us...
I know that the more I can lighten up and relax around this, the easier it becomes.

In my healing sessions and workshops I have taught people that the answers are always inside of us. One way to find out what is happening is to sit still, close your eyes and tune into the pain area in your body and ask what it needs from you. What message does it have for you?
You may not hear it right away, but be patient and be open to get a message which you might think your mind is making up...Send loving energy and light into the area that is painful and most importantly breathe deeply into that area.

Till next time
Peace and blessings, Laurie
http://www.laurielevine.com/
Visit me on facebook under laurie levine
and positive living spiritual centre...

No comments:

Post a Comment